Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Middle Peninsula  (Read 8275 times)

Offline WeakFish

Middle Peninsula
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
I'm on the Middle Peninsula.

I've been trying to take stock of what my immediate area offers.  I've got a lot of family and friends hereabouts.  The soil's good for growing food crops (it had better be, no one in my family is known for a green thumb).  Several of us have a few fruit trees.  Deer and small game are plentiful.  There are waterfowl and shellfish.

My New Year's resolutions for 2011 will be to try my hand at vegetable gardening, get my apple and pear trees into some sort of order, and learn to love fall pears.

Offline xtron

Re: Middle Peninsula
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
i'm in the blue ridge mountains, in the vicinity of the hokies home town...and don't like VT at all...
we also have an adundance of deer, and turkey...squrills, and a few rabbits. we also have a couple lakes and some good rivers.
i already have a 3000 sq.ft garden, a berry patch, and a grape vine  going. i really need to get on the water and find a couple
catfish holes. i also need to get into the woods and find the trails and "hides" i'll need if a "run and hide" bugout is needed.

good luck with your projects and i'll take some of those fall pears if ya have any extra

Offline WeakFish

Re: Middle Peninsula
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

good luck with your projects and i'll take some of those fall pears if ya have any extra

Pears I might be able to swing.  It's the apples that worry me.  Every year my two apple trees start nice, but then they turn for the worse.  The leaves look almost as if the trees are being sprayed with something caustic.  Whatever it is, it only affects the apple trees.  This year I'm taking some of the leaves and fruit to a county extension office.