Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: My winter public transportation experience.  (Read 749 times)

Offline Musket User

My winter public transportation experience.
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
I take public transportation (not by choice) and here it is in a Michigan winter with negative temps and what do I see? Idiots young and old waiting for the bus in expensive tennis shoes costing more than my whole wardrobe. No winter coat not even a pair of heavy socks AND CRYING ABOUT THE WAIT IN THE COLD. Here is some of my my cold weather "bus ride" list.
 Hand warmer the type that takes a solid fuel stick and the chemical throw away.
 Lighters Bic and Zippo type
 Slim Jim snacks.
 Water bottle I will not use a public fountain if I can avoid it.
 extra pair of heavy socks and spare gloves.
 Emergency Blanket.
 Hand sanitizer.
 Face masks.
 Scarf.
 Sunglasses.
 My clothing
 Winter coveralls.
 heavy socks.
 Winter boots.
 Winter hat.
 Warm Gloves
 Scarf/face mask.
 Proper defensive tools.
 This is basic minimum list.
 People wonder why I am unsympathetic to the crying of the people who are old enough to know better but unwilling to take the proper action for their own well being.
 Oh, waa it is so cold
 Answer: put on something warm.
 Oh, waa I can't afford winter cloths and my 200 dollar tennis shoes.
 Answer: neither can I choose weather appropriate clothing over fashion.
 Oh waa it's not my fault I cannot dress myself proper as a grown man/woman.
 Answer: I am not your parent and I do not/will not dress you.
 I can't dress like that I won't look hip.
 Answer: It is not about being or looking hip people. (I struggle not to say stupid) It is about staying warm and safe.
Today a guy had to be rushed to the hospital with hypothermia. The fool thought his over priced tennis shoes and designer clothing would protect him from the cold.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: My winter public transportation experience.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
Remember when you were a kid, Musket?  Everybody wanted to look just like everybody else.  And if you didn't, you were mocked and embarassed.

Today, people stay "kids" well into their thirties, and they act like it.  Approved "styles" are far more important than common sense.  Besides, these kids have been raised to believe that, being the future saviors of the world, they know best - and, anyway, it is the job of the government to keep them safe, warm, fed, and otherwise coddled and protected in every conceivable way.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Musket User

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:00:39 PM »
 I guess I had to grow up to fast even by the standards of my day. I owned my own business at 13. had my own mowing equipment, a flea market stand and sold fishing bait as well as regular flea market stuff. until the communist school got their noses into my business and got me closed down. Seems I made more money my sophomore year than my teachers.

Offline BooMushroom

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
Remember when you were a kid, Musket?  Everybody wanted to look just like everybody else.  And if you didn't, you were mocked and embarassed.

Today, people stay "kids" well into their thirties, and they act like it.  Approved "styles" are far more important than common sense.

I didn't find out about this until I moved to California at the tender age of ten. In the spring I was in Utah, playing with my friends on the playground in my hand-me-downs. In the fall, I was told my clothes were wrong, my hair was wrong, I needed glasses, and I was a goody-goody.  I didn't understand - there wasn't anything wrong with me before, and how could I get new clothes, anyway?  By the time new hand-me-downs came from other families at church, the damage was done, and I was a loser.

Thank God for school libraries.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
Kids can be cruel.  And their parents can be worse.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
Actualy, one of my fellow grad student in the history department here quit teaching high school because dealing with parents was such a PITA ("How come my precious didn't get an A?")

She'd rather teach college students, who are over 18, and thus the parents can be told where to shove it.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815