Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: herbal distiller (especially for ND Martin)  (Read 867 times)

Offline Amisheggpicker

herbal distiller (especially for ND Martin)
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
This is the distiller that my husband is purchasing for me...the 2 ltr glass one....it's expensive...yes...but in time, I believe it will pay for itself...

http://heartmagic.com/EssentialDistiller.html
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline ND Martin

Re: herbal distiller (especially for ND Martin)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
That looks so very Walter White!  Don't let the cops see it.  ;-))

Seriously, it looks like the setup I have planned.  I've got a few boxes of lab glassware that I picked up for something like $20 many years ago.  The only piece in your setup that I don't have is that nifty receiver for separating the condensate.

I found this relatively inexpensive rig for microwave steam distillation on ebay.

I don't know if it's any good.

Offline Amisheggpicker

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:08:09 AM »
lol!

The infuser at you have looks interesting....

that little peice that separates the condensation is what made us choose that product....I was going to assemble one myself, but to buy the pieces outright would have been more expensive...

You know what....my daughter works and attends school at George Mason University...and they have one of the leading biotech labs.....don't quote me o this, but I think she said they are a level 4 for handling lab work (they can handle anthrax etc.)....and I think there is just possibly one more level above that....like i said, don't quote me on that...it's too early in the morning to call her...

Because of their level, they have stores where you can buy lab supplies ect...maybe she can get us that peice....I think that is the key to the quality of the infuser...

Have you used your infuser yet?  and what is the thing in the middle?

I am very very interested in your success at infusing...and any other posts that you might make on herbs etc.

My daughter was so excited the other day...she is works in the photo dept of the University and they do magazines and articles for the school.  She is working on pic of professors whom are studying the effects of Cat's Claw on the cellular level...she laughed because she said...OH,  my Mom has used that for years! hahahah!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline ND Martin

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
I didn't buy the microwave unit.  The piece in the middle is the condenser.  I think you put in ice to cool the oil laden steam.  

The receiver component seems to be a special proprietary design.  I've looked all over the web for it without success.  Its functionality can duplicated with discrete components, but it is convenient.  

I'm notoriously clumsy at times, and having a fragile customized (and expensive) component is probably not a good idea for me.  Martin's Law sez that if something can be dropped, it will be dropped.  ;-))

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:01:28 AM by ND Martin »