Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Oh, Goody - Now We're Trendy!  (Read 397 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Oh, Goody - Now We're Trendy!
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »
The $1,300 Chicken Coop and Other Signs That Backyard Farming Is Getting Fancy - WSJ.com
Can chicken feed, canning jars and garden hoses feel chic?

Absolutely, say retailers cashing in on the "modern homesteader" craze. As more urban and suburban homeowners take up backyard farming, items like chicken coops, beehives, gardening tools and pickling and canning supplies are getting more stylish and pricey.
I'm not all that sure this is a good omen.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

Re: Oh, Goody - Now We're Trendy!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »
I predict most of them will bail out when they discover the amount of work involved long term.

Then, low priced used stuff!
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:55:56 PM »
That's the way I used to buy restaurants.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
I predict most of them will bail out when they discover the amount of work involved long term.
This, of course, is the flaw behind ivory tower types' calls for gardens on the roofs of the urban high rises they think we should all live in, so that Gaea can survive unharmed by those nasty hooman beans.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
This, of course, is the flaw behind ivory tower types' calls for gardens on the roofs of the urban high rises they think we should all live in, so that Gaea can survive unharmed by those nasty hooman beans.

Not like a garden atop an urban highrise is going to come anywhere near being able to feed the number of people who live inside the building in any case.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
Facts to a liberal are like kryptonite to superman.....
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline JRWinkler

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 05:09:48 AM »
Facts to a liberal are like kryptonite to superman.....

I work with many, and they deal with facts in this place of business.  It is reality that they do not handle well.  Just sayin'.    ;-)

Semper Paratus, Semper Vigilans.

Offline Musket User

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 04:39:23 AM »
This is a joke right? I can build a coop that will out do that thing for  whole lot less money. 258 bucks for a spade? I can buy a whole lot of spades that will do the same thing at ACE hardware for less. These people have more money than brains. Just a bunch of status seekers. like others have said wait until they find out it is hard dirty work or the trends change and this stuff will sell cheap.