Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Tax auction  (Read 241 times)

Offline BooMushroom

Tax auction
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
Other than the fact that there ARE property taxes, and it is in California, anyone know any downsides to picking up my forty acres (or even just one or two) from a tax delinquency auction here in CA? There are several listed in my county for the equivalent of a down payment for a house, and in an adjacent county for the price of a couple months' rent.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Tax auction
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:49:05 AM »
The property will almost certainly be in poor condition - buildings gutted, plumbing including wells and septic tanks destroyed, etc.  Neighbors may be antagonistic.  The previous owners may still feel a sense of entitlement to the property.

My first house in Los Angeles was a tax auction....I spent 3 years working on it before selling it.  Good experience that I would NEVER repeat.
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline BooMushroom

Re: Tax auction
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
Thanks, Doc.