Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: VICTORY AT ES&OS Show!  (Read 475 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
VICTORY AT ES&OS Show!
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
VICTORY! | Daily Pundit
NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons | WashingtonExaminer.com
A massive boycott sparked by the NRA and other gun-rights groups outraged that the nation's largest outdoors show banned the exhibition of assault weapons has caused the show's organizers to abruptly cancel the week-long event in Harrisburg, Pa.
Beward the anger of liberty-minded patriots!
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline cd

Re: VICTORY AT ES&OS Show!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »
Fantastic.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
You'd think they would have learned from the example of Jim Zumbo.

BTW...here's a link to one of the non-gun sponsors that is part of the boycott.  I understand that ESOS is a huge part of their business, so they're really putting themselves on the line.  They've put a Second Amendment special on their front page.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Yes, I am so proud of those who stood with us for liberty!  I'll support them as much as I can.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline pslblog

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »
Yes, I am so proud of those who stood with us for liberty!  I'll support them as much as I can.

I think this is where the sporting goods industry sees the writing on the wall and realizes that you can't go around pretending that sportsmen don't care about protecting themselves. The differences are just too stark anymore with politicians who do not care about facts in pursuit of greater power.

It will be interesting to see if Sen. Franken caves on this to keep in power. If Franken rolls towards becoming a Blue-Dog, it will be more hilarious than any of his work on SNL.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:56:17 PM »
Mark Levin is demanding that the spineless Republicans in the House and Senate force Feinstein's Gun Grabber bill to immediate up-or-down votes as is - and make the Democrats vote yea or nay, and then live with the result.

It won't pass.  In fact, from everything I've heard, both publicly and privately, it won't even get majorities in either house.  As Levin puts it, "Just ram it right down their throats."

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
The thing I don't like about the article to which Bill linked is that it makes it sound as though the NRA took the lead on this.  In reality, the pebbles began to vote days before the NRA's withdrawal from ESOS showed the boycott to be an avalanche.

I first became aware of the issue on 18 January 2013 by reading this post on the Pennsylvania-based Shall Not Be Questioned blog (my primary source of information on the ESOS situation).  As of that post, while a number of small vendors had withdrawn from ESOS, no major vendor/sponsor appears to have joined the boycott.

On 19 January 2013, Cabela's released a statement announcing that they would neither attend nor continue to sponsor ESOS.

The ESOS boycott really picked up steam on 22 January 2013.  By mid-afternoon that day, both Ruger and Smith & Wesson announced that they would not attend ESOS.  Later that day, the NRA finally joined the boycott, as did ESOS guest of honor Jamie Gray, a 2012 Olympic gold medalist in the shooting sports.
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »
Sic Semper Tyranus seems the appropriate comment here.
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Langenator

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
Yeah, I first heard about it when Cabela's pulled out.  That alone should have been a huge deal, since they're arguably the biggest dog on the hunting & fishing block.  (Bass Pro being the other contender.)

Apparently, the show's organizer, Reed Enterprises, also does the same job, contracted by NSSF, for the SHOT show.  NSSF has announced that they are 'reconsidering' the arrangement, and Reed will probably lose that gig as well.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815