Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Poor Man's Guide to Prepping  (Read 647 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Poor Man's Guide to Prepping
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
A Poor Man's Guide to Prepping and Food Storage, by T.P. - SurvivalBlog.com
I started not to write this piece- not because I feel any shame about my approach to survival and prepping, but largely because I will be misunderstood or dismissed- as I have been whenever I try to enlighten friends and co-workers of the needh to have a survival plan. But I feel it may help others who are not wealthy enough to buy thousands of dollars worth of MREs or hundreds of pounds of hard red wheat and a grinder... and frankly, because I do not welcome the competition for my supply of food and supplies.

Many years ago I began prepping for Y2K. Nothing happened then, but the exercise was of undeniable importance in my life. I had been keeping a pantry for years, because being self-employed leads to a life cycle of feast or famine. At least for me.

I used the last of the dry goods and kerosene from my Y2K prep stash in early 2011.

I provide services for businesses now. My job involves a lot of driving, and a lot of contact with grocery stores. I discovered a long time ago that grocery stores, drug stores, and discount stores throw away tons of usable and consumable food and other necessities. Gleaning these supplies takes some work and the willingness to deal with a little mess, but for me it has been well worth it. I bet I haven't spent a hundred bucks for grocery items in over two years- mostly for cooking oil and spices.

This is a very interesting article.  Please read the whole thing.   I may check out some of these strategies myself.  After all, I could use a bit more money for PMs and ammo, myself!  ;D
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone