Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Ruger makes it easy  (Read 581 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Ruger makes it easy
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »
Ruger - Take Action Now!
Fill out the form, and Ruger will send your message to your elected officials.

All of them, state as well as Federal.

Probably a good idea to follow up with similar messages, in your own words, faxed and/or snail mailed, but this sure is easy...

NOTE:  The form wants an address from you recognized by the US Post Orifice.  I tried to abbreviate mine, and it rejected it; spelled it out and it was accepted.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Re: Ruger makes it easy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
Executive Order shall not be used to add, modify, interpret, or circumvent the Constitution and its separation of powers | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
The Constitution of the United States was written to protect individuals' inalienable rights and clearly dilineate the role of the federal government in protecting those rights. Additionally, three branches were appropriated in order to guarantee a separation of powers in order to protect the union from tyranny and opression. Executive order should never be allowed in any situation where it's being applied to modify any aspect of the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, or any of the other 27 Amendments. The Constitution already has an established process to amend its content, including a process to protect the people from unilateral action.
Created: Jan 09, 2013
You have to create an account in order to vote on one of these.
I figure there's a drone with my name on it anyway...
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
Here's another WhiteHouse petition:
Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice-President, and their families, and establish Gun Free Zones around them | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
we petition the obama administration to:
Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice-President, and their families, and establish Gun Free Zones around them

Gun Free Zones are supposed to protect our children, and some politicians wish to strip us of our right to keep and bear arms. Those same politicians and their families are currently under the protection of armed Secret Service agents. If Gun Free Zones are sufficient protection for our children, then Gun Free Zones should be good enough for politicians.
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
Robb Allen has some ideas for a template of a letter to send to our legiscritters: Sharp as a Marble - Write today. Call tomorrow. Show up next week
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Dale00

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »
Thank you. We need to be contacting our reps and letting them know in plain language that we will not tolerate any new infringements of the Second Amendment. In addition if you have not yet joined the NRA and GOA, I suggest doing so.
"Test everything. Hold onto the good." 1 Thes 5:21

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56:26 PM »
In addition if you have not yet joined the NRA and GOA, I suggest doing so.
Second Amendment Foundation.  Funded Alan Gura in the Heller and MacDonald cases, among other ongoing.
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
The interesting thing is, Ruger was more or less on Clinton's side in 1994.

Of course, that was when Bill Ruger was still alive.

They, along with S&W, seem to have learned from that episode.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
The interesting thing is, Ruger was more or less on Clinton's side in 1994.

Of course, that was when Bill Ruger was still alive.

They, along with S&W, seem to have learned from that episode.

What I find more than a little humorous is, Smith and Wesson is a British company.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
What I find more than a little humorous is, Smith and Wesson is a British company.
Come out from under that rock, Tompkins PLC sold S&W years ago, after S&W almost went broke because no one was buying their stuff.
Per Wikipedia:
Between 1987 and 2001, Smith & Wesson was owned by the British engineering company Tomkins plc.

In March 2000 Smith & Wesson was the only major gun manufacturer to sign an agreement with the Clinton Administration.[6] The company agreed to numerous safety and design standards as well as limits on the sale and distribution of its products. Gun clubs and gun rights groups responded to this agreement by initiating large-scale boycotts of Smith & Wesson by refusing to buy their new products and flooding the firearms market with used S&W guns.[6][7][8] After a 40% sales slide,[9] the sales impact from the boycotts led Smith & Wesson to suspend manufacturing at two plants.[10] The success of the boycott led to a Federal Trade Commission antitrust investigation's being initiated under the Clinton administration,[8] targeting gun dealers and gun rights groups, which was subsequently dropped in 2003.[11] This agreement signed by Tomkins PLC ended with the sale of Smith & Wesson to the Saf-T-Hammer Corporation. The new company (Smith and Wesson Holding Corporation), which publicly renounced the agreement, was received positively by the firearms community.[12]
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
Thanks Drang, didn't know that.

Ha ha pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.  ;D
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Langenator

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
I think their revolvers still have that dang internal lock thing, though.

Not a revolver guy personally, though, so I don't keep close tabs on it.  Although a 6" S&W 610 floats around somewhere on my wish list.

Or an M1917.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
I think their revolvers still have that dang internal lock thing, though.

Not a revolver guy personally, though, so I don't keep close tabs on it.  Although a 6" S&W 610 floats around somewhere on my wish list.

Or an M1917.
If they're legal in your state, I think you can special order non-safety lock guns from the S&W Performance Center.

And, speaking of Smith & Wesson... They have stepped up, too: Preserve America's Rights - Smith & Wesson
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.