Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: GOAL Post 2013-1  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
GOAL Post 2013-1
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
FROM: GOAL [goalwa@cox.nethttp://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/
http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Representatives/

BILL STATUS:

All bills filed during the 2011-12 biennium are dead.  The following bills have been pre-filed for the 2013-14 biennium:

Bill #        Subject            Sponsor      Status
HB 1012  Limits self-defense                                Appleton (D-23)            H. Jud

Key to abbreviations:  SB = Senate Bill, HB = House Bill, Jud = Judiciary, Fish/Ecol = Fisheries, Ecology & Parks, JuvJust = Juvenile Justice, Educ = Education, LocGov = Local Government, NatRes = Natural Resources, Ecology & Parks, PubSaf = Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness, W&M = Ways and Means

GOAL POSITION ON BILLS
HB 1012      OPPOSE

HEARING(S) SCHEDULED:
None

LEGISLATIVE HOT LINE:  You may reach your Representatives and Senator by calling the Legislative Hotline at 1-800-562-6000.  Toll free!!!  The hearing impaired may obtain TDD access at 1-800-635-9993.  Also toll free!!!
            1-800-562-6000   TDD 1-800-635-9993

OTHER DATA:  Copies of pending legislation (bills), legislative schedules and other information are available on the legislature's web site at "www.leg.wa.gov".  Bills are available in Acrobat (.pdf) format.  You may download a free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe's web site (http://www.adobe.com).  You may also obtain hard copy bills, initiatives, etc, in the mail from the Legislative Bill Room FREE OF CHARGE by calling 1-360-786-7573.  Copies of bills may also be ordered toll free by calling the Legislative Hotline at (800) 562-6000.  You may also hear floor and committee hearing action live at http://www.tvw.org/ (you need "RealAudio" to do this, available free at the TVW web site).

By reading the House and Senate "bill reports" (hbr, sbr) for each bill, you can see how individual committee members voted.  By reading the "roll call" for each bill, you can see how the entire House or Senate voted on any bill.  The beauty of the web site is that ALL this information is available, on line, to any citizen.

GET THE WORD OUT:  If you want to subscribe to the GOAL Post by e-mail, send a message to "jwaldron@halcyon.comjwaldron@halcyon.com" with the words "Unsubscribe GOAL Post" in the subject line.  I will remove your name immediately.  Keep in mind GOAL Post is also published on several gun lists.  If you received GP via a lit, you must contact that list's admin to unsubscribe.

Upcoming WAC gun show(s):

Monroe               12-13 January
             Puyallup             19-20 February

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men."
Article 1, Section 24
Constitution of the State of Washington

Copyright 2013 Gun Owners Action League of WA
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Re: GOAL Post 2013-1
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
In subsequent discussion on the WA CCW email list, some one made an observation about Joe's alleged "surprise" at Representative Appleton action in pulling her despicable proposed bill establishing a duty to retreat, even in one's own home, which has never existed under Washington State law before.  The writer called Appleton "an irrational hoplophobe" who saw any communication from gun owners as threatening,  guns are an inherent threat top public safety, etc. 
Here's Joe's reply:
She was a lobbyist before she entered the legislature.  I've even worked WITH her on a couple of bills years back.  She's not an irrational hoplophobe.  She IS a Democrat liberal ideologue who follows the party line.  You'd be surprised (or not) at how many liberal anti-gun Democrats own guns themselves.  But that doesn't get in the way of their ideology.  (I have no idea if Sherry owns a gun or not, but many of our avowed enemies in BOTH Washingtons DO own guns.  Years ago, now-retiring Senator  Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) was found with an AR-15 in his DC apartment.  I don't blame him -- I'd like an AR in my room if I lived in DC, too.)

JW
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.