Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: For Egg!  (Read 449 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
For Egg!
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »

Happy Birthday, Egg!  One of the nicest things about creating this board was meeting you!  I still remember when Jerry D. Young said he had a friend he wanted to invite over from another board....  Well, at least I think I remember that.  But at my age, who knows?

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline 9thInfDivRvrRat

Re: For Egg!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
May I, too, wish you a Happy Birthday, Egg. You're one of the main attractions here, and a wealth of information.
Used to be anotherone.

Offline CarolinaJoe

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »
Happy Birthday Egg :)

Offline prepper_joe

• Knowledge is power.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
Happy birthday egg! ;D

Offline Ken

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »
Happy Birthday, Egg!
“If mankind is to survive, then throughout man’s history except for a very few years the word “ship” will mean “space ship.”
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Paul

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:24:44 PM »
Congratulations hope you had a great time today!

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:35 AM »
To Everyone:  Thank you all...you folks are way to kind...this is my favorite site...suits my personality just fine...hahahah....
I use it as my vent for extra energy release....hahaha...seriously, it's the only place that I don't get sent to the corner...

I kid you not, from Kindergarten through 8th grade, the bus driver made me sit in the front seat, the teachers moved my desk so that it sat right beside their desk...literally....my grades were always good, I just "disturbed" all the other kids...not in a bad way, in my eyes...I just always was showing them something that my family had shown me, or something interesting that I had found or made...hahahahah!  I guess the teachers didn't think my indian arrowhead was as cool as a math lesson...hahahahah! 
  I did have one teacher who took advantage of my one man "show and tell"
I took a giant beet (the size of a large grapefruit) to show the other kids....we all came from families whom gardened, so I knew they would appreciate the size....and that man seized my beet....I thought "oh boy," here comes the paddling....because he told me that one more time that I caused a disturbance, he was going to paddle me and I would have the honors of being the first girl that he ever paddled....
  Instead of paddling me, he took out his pocket knife and sliced a piece off and using a bunson burner boiled some of it to get some beet juice...he used that for some experiment about the chemical that causes the beet to be that color.
  Now that was a teacher!  Now a days, I would be taken to the school psychiatrist, drugged up and labeled ADHD, and the school could get more funding for the "special needs" student....the teacher would be instantly fired for several reasons....punishing me by moving my desk next to his, threatening to paddle me, (I eventually did get paddled by him, hahaha) and having a pocket knife in his pocket.
  What happened to the good old days?

Just so you know, my coworker wrote this on the birthday card they gave me ...."To the best story teller ever...."   hahahaha........they should come on here and see what I write...

9th river rat....you made me chuckle....sometimes my life feels more like the "main event " as in the Tv wrestling...hahhah!  I want to post alot more, but my computer is a little messed up, well, a lot messed up, and my husband has to fix it....I'll be surprised if I can even post this...I've been getting a few comments in here and there from my work computer...but that's about it.

Mr. Quick....I love the Beatles....it was ironic you posted that, because on of the guys i work with downloaded 60's songs on his phone, then hooked up speakers to his phone, and then placed it on my desk so we could listen to 50's music all day....you should have seen the younger generation laughing at us "over 50 crowd"...hahahahah!  I love the beatles...that was way to cool...

Folks....JERRY D YOUNG is the BEST....awesome man!  Hope you see this Jerry.

Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
Egg -

A wee bit late (the norm for me) but a sincere Happy Birthday!
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

"While we have the opportunity, let us do good to all." Galatians 6:10

BonniesBooks.net

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »
Thank you Bonnie....you're a true prepper comrad!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options