Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Some thoughta on social organization  (Read 946 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Some thoughta on social organization
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
Or: Is "Unorganized" the same thing as "Disorganized"?
Move, Shoot, Communicate
Thoughts on the "Neighborhood Watch" model for the Unorganized Militia
Whilst perusing the Archives at Instapundit, I came across this post: Instapundit » Blog Archive » BOB OWENS: For ‘A Well-Regulated Militia,’ What Firearms, Gear, and Skills Should You Own?…

So, herewith some thoughts...

My assumption here is that the "unorganized militia" will basically be a well-armed, equipped, and trained neighborhood watch.  Anything larger (city- or county-wide) would pretty much cease to be "unorganized."

So, what do I mean by "unorganized"?  I don't think it means "disorganized" so much as "informally organized"; like a neighborhood watch, there will be people who take responsibility for things like putting together meetings, for example, but there is no official organization or hierarchy.  To take a local example, the Seattle suburb Renton may have the "Renton Rangers", but they will not have battalions, companies and platoons commanded by colonels, captains, and lieutenants.

Et cetera, at length, at the link.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.