Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Merry Christmas everyone  (Read 809 times)

Offline Paul

Merry Christmas everyone
« on: December 24, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
We had our family here to celebrate today and I hope and trust everyone else on the board has as much pure fun at your holiday get together as we had at ours.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Merry Christmas everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
Yes, indeed.  We here at Schloss Frostbite, PDARK wish all a Merry Christmas....
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline cd

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
Best wishes and Merry Christmas!

Offline Ken

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »
Merry Christmas, indeed!
“If mankind is to survive, then throughout man’s history except for a very few years the word “ship” will mean “space ship.”
Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Jerry D Young
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 01:44:06 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.
Jerry D Young

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and always remember TANSTAAFL
"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" - Robert Heinlein

Offline 9thInfDivRvrRat

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
Merry Christmas from NorCal.
Used to be anotherone.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Merry Christmas from NorCal.

Merry Christmas!  I hope that the extreme weather hitting NorCal isn't too vexing to you and Jerry D. Young....

Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.

And for you folks trying to deal with low-carb and Christmas dinner, try this:  

http://www.dailypundit.com/2012/12/25/the-beast-of-a-low-carb-christmas-feast/

And six hours after gorging on this, I'm still turning the ketostix purple!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:42:41 PM by Bill Quick »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.

And for you folks trying to deal with low-carb and Christmas dinner, try this:  

http://www.dailypundit.com/2012/12/25/the-beast-of-a-low-carb-christmas-feast/

And six hours after gorging on this, I'm still turning the ketostix purple!

Saw your entry at Daily Pundit. Looks WAY good. I am a bit curious as to how many you were cooking for. That's a lot of food! Even though I do all the cooking around our household I cannot quite imagine myself being able to coordinate such a feast. I bow deeply in respect of your culinary talent, sir :)

And, to you Bill and all the rest, Merry Christmas and peace to all men of good will.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
Oooh - that looks good! I copied the bean casserole & cheesecake recipes. I used to love the traditional bean casserole until the last time I had it - quite some years ago. I found out it didn't taste as good to me as an adult as it had to my child's taste. But your version just might be a keeper. 

Now if someone could come up with a sugar-free candy cane that really tastes like a candy cane. I've managed to give up all the traditional candies & goodies of the Christmas season, but those candy cane cravings are hanging in there!

A happy Boxing Day to all!  :)
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

"While we have the opportunity, let us do good to all." Galatians 6:10

BonniesBooks.net

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
Hope you enjoy it, Bonnie!
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline 9thInfDivRvrRat

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »
Doc said..."Merry Christmas!  I hope that the extreme weather hitting NorCal isn't too vexing to you and Jerry D. Young..."

I don't know about Jerry, but we've lost power for a bit a couple of times in the last 3-4 weeks. Last time was Friday night, just before 17:00 and we waited 'til about 05:00 the next morning before we fired up the generator. Only had to run it 'til about 14:00 that afternoon.
Before that, only out for maybe 36 hours and we didn't use the generator overnight the first night.
Glad we now have it wired in so we could run the 220V well pump. It'd only been about a month since I'd test run the machine so the battery was fully charged. Have I mentioned how much I like that ol' Honda EX 5500 with the electric start? Liquid cooled and seems to be pretty easy on gas. Not sure how old the rig is, as I bought it used a few years ago, but since I'm payin' for the fuel to run it anyway, we run 3 electric heaters, a hot plate, the microwave and anything else we feel like pluggin' in. I should tell you how much I like that battery-cranked genset. As long as the phone lines are up, we still have our dialup internet connection, and the first night I just used the laptop on batteries. Next morning when we made our own power I went back online with the desktop and re-charged the laptop. Oh, and did I tell you how nice it is to have the turn-key starting on the generator?
I've again topped off the tank in the Honda, have 7-8 gallons put back and will fill up a couple of more gas cans on the next trip to town, so we'll be ready for another few days the next time we lose power. By the way, I just love that battery-powered starter...
Used to be anotherone.