Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: OK, where did everyone go?  (Read 888 times)

Offline Langenator

OK, where did everyone go?
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:39:01 AM »
I mean, it's not like the world actually ended or anything.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline cd

Re: OK, where did everyone go?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
I mean, it's not like the world actually ended or anything.
And how do I know you are not some pre-recorded bot? :P

I think everyone is out scouring shelves for ammo. Went to Wally World last night for some other things, went by the ammo shelf to just observe the devastation. Was not disappointed. The world has gone mad.

This message brought to you by a recorded bot imitating a real poster.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Yeah, it's kinda dead alright. But then again, having watched people getting ready for Christmas for the last sixty years one might wonder for all the rushing around if they weren't indeed getting ready for the end of the world.

Myself, I just can't get all bent out of shape over it anymore. Seems to me it should be a time to be relaxed and happy, not wound tight and frantic.

I expect everybody will be back after they get done flogging themselves half to death for the holiday. :)

At any rate, Merry Christmas to you sir and all the good souls who hang out here.

I do feel fortunate not to be needing any arms or related supplies during these troubled times. I had already fortuitously picked up some stuff some time before the latest unpleasantness.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline TorontoGrl

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »
I'm still here, just recovering from last night's "end of the world" party, looks like I can get totally intoxicated from just 2 shots of vodka... baaad Russian :)

Offline TorontoGrl

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
I'm recovering from last night's big bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream. That's about the extent of my celebrating!  ;D
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

"While we have the opportunity, let us do good to all." Galatians 6:10

BonniesBooks.net

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
Even I tend to slow my obsessive-compulsive work ethic around this time of the year.  Today will probably be that last day through Christmas that I do wall to wall blogging at DP, for instance.

And yes, I do take Christmas Day off entirely!

Even addicted bloggers need to stop every once in a while.

Besides, I'll be cooking a huge low-carb feast!  Pictures and recipes posted later.

Merry Christmas, y'all!  (I'm too old to think "happy holidays" is a good substitute for the tried and true...).
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Paul

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »
'Tis the time of year when I spend much of my time rearraging furniture and dragging the Christmas tree around the front room until the location finds favor with my better half.  Today is that day and tonight, after things quiet down I will kick off my shoes, prop my feet up on the hassock and have my first and only drink of the holiday season.

In the meantime, I hope everyone on this board has a wonderfull Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I went to Curacao and Aruba. ;D
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Haverwilde

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
Maybe the world did end for many on this site.
I haven't heard that it didn't so......
Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!

Offline TsMom

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
I'm not so sure the world didn't end.  When I went to bed last night, Matt Lauer was hosting a SyFy special on the Apocalypse.  :-)

I've been hanging around a child with the flu for the past couple of days.  I've been trying to nurse him back to health without getting sick myself.  The flu is bad enough, but I am pregnant too.

I do wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.  It looks like my southern location might just get the rare white Christmas this year.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
It looks like my southern location might just get the rare white Christmas this year.

Ack!  Absolute proof of global warming!  ;D
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline prepper_joe

• Knowledge is power.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 08:33:51 PM »
I do wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.  It looks like my southern location might just get the rare white Christmas this year.

Not sure but here today it was in the 60's or so got to wear shorts and I do agree the worlds not gonna end but it is busy untill Jan. 15th or so for my fam. Hope y'alls christmas is going well!

Offline ND Martin

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
I thought the world ended on November 6.

Offline TsMom

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
Prepper-Joe -  It was in the 60s here today too.  I live in one of those areas where if you don't like the weather, stick around five minutes.  Tomorrow will be beautiful, then we are either going to get a little bit of ice then 4" of snow, or nothing.  It depends on which model the meteorologist is following for the day.  :-)  I love living in a state with crazy weather though.  Even if it means spending Christmas holed up at home.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
We've had highs in the 60s the past few days...heck, I even grilled on Friday.

And yeah, I'm quite glad I don't need to buy any guns/ammo at the moment...everything in that category is a want at the moment.

Although my supply of .223 for competitions is probably only about 3 months worth.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Mr. Bingley

• The Coalition of the Swilling
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »
I just haven't had a chance to spend much time online of late. Sandy wiped out my office building and we've been running around like nuts since then trying to keep everything together.

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options