Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Dec 21  (Read 1683 times)

Offline satantroll

Dec 21
« on: December 17, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »
December 21st fast approaches...  I'm not exactly a Mayan doomsday believer, but I find myself feeling a slight sense of urgency to ramp up my prepping.  In the past week alone, I've stored about 100 litres of water on top of what I already had, bought 20 gallons of gas to put in the shed & I've added a bit more food to my stores.  Also, my wife's Christmas stocking will hold primarily extra bug out bag/survival items (with some candy) this year...  Don't tell her!  Is anyone else feeling a bit of an extra need to prep?  Are you noticing others stocking up?  Are you seeing a shortage at your local store on staples or bottled water?  Prepping & thinking about prepping is occupying my mind more than usual, so I'm just curious about what others are feeling & doing.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Dec 21
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Dick Clark is dead......we can't ring in the new year.

Well played, Mayans - well played indeed.

;D
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline razorbacker

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
Look.  Youse can pooh-pooh all you want, but something is certainly strange.  My insurance agent sent me a calender, and when I went to enter an appointment scheduled for Feb. 2013 I discovered that the calender ends on December 31, 2012!

Sure.  I know.  Some of you will stick your head in the sand and try to ignore the clear evidence.

But something is forcertainsure going to happen.

I mean, State Farm has never mislead me, to my knowledge.  They're a big, rich organization.  They have no reason to deceive me.

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »
Dick Clark is dead......we can't ring in the new year.

Well played, Mayans - well played indeed.

;D

No more Twinkies...  :'(
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »
I had a patient telling me that Dec 21 is all a plot by Obama and the Bilderburgers (or was it the Tri-lateral Commission/ Rothschilds?) to implement martial law all over the world because on Dec 22, humanity will be visited by a spaceship from another galaxy....NASA, you see, has known for a couple of years, it's why they decommissioned the Space Shuttles......

As long as the patient isnt a threat to themselves or others........and no, I don't write scripts for narcotics.
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
It's the weirdos like that, that frighten me...maybe you should prescribe narcotics, doc....I told my boss that the end of the world was on Dec. 21, and he told me that I still had to come to work....hahahaha...

As for the original question.....I fear an economic collapse more than Dec. 21. 
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »
There are only 2 things that concern me about Dec. 21st.

The first is that a good friend is having both breasts removed that day. I'm planning on spending a lot of time praying for her. But the way she's been hanging on to her usual perky & happy self all thru the chemo - maybe she should pray for me!

The second is that it's almost 2 weeks until we get our next bit of income. Unless Santa drops some cash on us. But I'm afraid Santa died at the same time Daddy did. He sure was a generous man.

Other than that, Dec. 21st is just another day.

As for jittery nerves - the nut jobs out there are probably the cause of that. I read in today's paper that a man broke into the home of 3 elderly Mennonite ladies, tasered them, tore up the house, & mocked their religion. They ended up in the hospital & that cowardly pos is now in jail. Hope he stays there.
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

"While we have the opportunity, let us do good to all." Galatians 6:10

BonniesBooks.net

Offline satantroll

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
Religious & non religious nut jobs & cult leading Kool-Aid pushers are my biggest worry about Dec 21st.  However, on a local level I don't think I have anything to worry about.  I fear for people living in some big cities or in the bible belt of America, more than anything happening around here.  Mainly I fear a Heaven's Gate type of event will happen again.

Bonnie...  My thoughts are with your friend. 

No matter what, I prep.  I think maybe the whole hype of Dec 21 is what is getting to me...  I'm fixated on all the shows on the History channel this week (all about doomsday stuff).  While it`s enjoyable to watch, perhaps it`s too much of a good thing.

Offline satantroll

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 05:52:28 AM »

Offline TorontoGrl

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
Bonnie, hope your friend does well, stays strong and heals fast, what a tough thing to go through..

As to December 21'st, I live in a very quirky neighbourhood, we're having a huge "End of the World" costume party, of'course I'm going as a Russian spy  :-* .. Moskovskaya vodka for everyone!  :D

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »
That sounds like fun. I'll be with you in spirit.  ;D
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

BonniesBooks.net

Offline Haverwilde

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:24 PM »
Toronto,

I am sort of like Bonnie, I will be in the spirits, with you Toronto.

It is, after all, my favorite pagan holiday—the Winter Solstice.

So I will watch the Moon Shine with a glass of moonshine, and kick off the holiday season with a toast to all you folks who plan to survive the coming apocalypse.

Merry Christmas!
Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!

Offline CarolinaJoe

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »
My plan for Dec 21st is to watch end-of-the-world type movies like 2012, Skyline, Deep Impact, Night of the Living Dead, Knowing, etc....  There are a ton of often goofy, but fun disaster films to choose from.

(I actually liked Skyline.  A lot of folks are pretty down on it, but I really enjoyed it.)

Joe's independent movie recommendations!!!  Pontypool and Return in RedPontypool is great for watching on cold snowy nights.  Return in Red has an authentic rural feel and one scene in particular is suspenseful enough to make the whole thing worth it.  :)

Offline Langenator

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »
"If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, they'd still be around."  :D
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline ND Martin

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
The 'event' that triggers the Mayan Apocalypse is the Winter Solstice, which occurs this year at 6:12 AM ET (11:12 UT).  Essentially, if you wake up tomorrow morning, the world hasn't ended.  

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
I plan on spending the 21st stacking wood...and probably will be stacking wood for the rest of my life....and then hopefully baking some diabetic friendly food from the flax seed flour....basically doing just what I would always be doing...hahahah!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
Yeah...I hope to get another 2-3 pages of my thesis done.  Keep grinding til it's done.

Working on my thesis, it sometimes amazes me when authors like Bill or Larry Correia mention that they wrote several thousand words a day.

Writing a thousand words in a day is an exceptionally good day for me.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline ColoConsrvCowboy

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
Yeah...I hope to get another 2-3 pages of my thesis done.  Keep grinding til it's done.

Working on my thesis, it sometimes amazes me when authors like Bill or Larry Correia mention that they wrote several thousand words a day.

Fiction is easy to write - I've completed NaNoWriMo (1667 words a day for a month) four times. In my day job as a blogger for a major tech site (why I use a pseudonym here...) I write about an average of 400,000 words a year.

In your defense, writing a thesis requires much more research and accuracy than what I do!

Frank

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
I do have to say that the Internet has sure as heck speeded up the research part of the fiction writing process.

I really don't know how much I write a day.  I'm taking a break from the new book, waiting to see how much revision is going to be necessary on the one I just finished, but when I am working, I find I'm writing at least as much on my blogs (and here) as I do on the books themselves.  Call it in the neighborhood of 3000 words a day.

OTOH, back when I was really cranking, I used to write that much on the books alone - and sometimes a heck of a lot more.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
The 'event' that triggers the Mayan Apocalypse is the Winter Solstice, which occurs this year at 6:12 AM ET (11:12 UT).  Essentially, if you wake up tomorrow morning, the world hasn't ended.  

Well, now I know to set my alarm clock for a few minutes earlier than that time, both to see what happens and to wish my pagan-leaning friends a Happy Solstice at the right time.  ;)
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »

Writing a thousand words is easy. It's writing a thousand words that are worth keeping that's hard! When I write a 1,000-word article, I start out with about 3 times that many words & delete, delete, delete.  ;)
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

BonniesBooks.net

Offline satantroll

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 04:59:48 AM »
"If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, they'd still be around."  :D
Darn tootin'!!!  Happy apocalypse, anyway, everyone!!!!!!!!!

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 05:21:01 AM »
And here's a little appropriate music for the occasion...  8)

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »
Still here.......rats?

Offline TorontoGrl

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
Party tonight! Yay! :)

Have an amazing day, everyone!

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options