Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Greetings from MA  (Read 193 times)

Offline Pinkducktape

Greetings from MA
« on: December 08, 2012, 04:32:20 PM »
New to prepping.  After going thru my second winter in a row of losing electricity for a week or so (others in the area for even longer)  I realized prepping was what I wanted to do.  Sure am glad I got a wood stove to keep warm.  Anyone else dealing with a spouse who thinks they are crazy? 

Offline ND Martin

Re: Greetings from MA
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
...a spouse who thinks they are crazy?  LOL! 

Much less so after Hurricane Sandy.  We were the only house in the neighborhood with running water for a week after the storm.  While most have generators, we all have deep wells and nobody else had their pump wired to the generator circuit. 

In spite of the spousal mockery, I had saved a variety of containers that I gave away to neighbors who hadn't thought about water beyond bottles of mineral water from the supermarket, and I put a  a food-grade hose on the spigot in front of the house so neighbors could fill up as they needed.

It never got so bad here that I had to break out any serious stores, but I know that the Mrs. appreciated that our lifestyle never really missed a beat and that we could help others.

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options