Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Going Galt with Coupons  (Read 244 times)

Offline Langenator

Going Galt with Coupons
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
The Mrs sent me out the other day to do a minor bit of shopping for her.  She loves couponing, and Kroger had a special deal on baby wipes (we also needed milk, but that never gets coupons.)

The deal was, use your Kroger card, get 4 packs of baby wipes for $1.99/ea.  She also gave me 4 coupons for $1.00 off each pack, and, with the card, Kroger doubled the coupons.  Viola!  The wipes were now free!  ($2.00 off each pack, which cost $1.99).

Now the Galt part:  at least here in Texas, the coupons are applied before sales tax is charged.  And 8% of $0 is $0.

It's not much, but hey, that's $0.64 that leviathan didn't get.

Now, if you're one of those super coupon people who get on the TV show, you can go even further.  I actually saw on the show once, guy worked the coupons to get an entire pallet of cereal for free.  Then he donated the whole pallet to his local food bank.  He apparently does that regularly - uses coupons to get large amounts of items at very, very low or no cost to himself, which he then donates to the food bank, homeless shelter, etc.

Make sure and get receipts, and that's a bunch of stuff to itemize on your 1040, and less $$$ to Uncle Sam on April 15.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
Re: Going Galt with Coupons
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »
tell your wife that I think she is SUPERMOM....not only is she a military wife, which takes a special woman...but she is a MOM to all those little boys....and is a super saver also....I have great respect for her...women like her are truly a GIFT to this country....maybe will see her on extreme couponing someday!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Langenator

Re: Going Galt with Coupons
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:51 PM »
Well, I think she's pretty awesome... ;D
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815