Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Interviewing question  (Read 2554 times)

Offline prepper_joe

• Knowledge is power.
Interviewing question
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:35:01 PM »
I know it seems simple if someone wants to be in your group but are there any questions people miss? :-\ Also are there any skills people often forget to try and get in the group? ??? 

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
Re: Interviewing question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
I personally would not be asking anyone any questions about being in my "group".  You need to be very very carefull about what you reveal about youself.

I listened to a guy the other night on a radio talk show and he had some very good advice....if someone is talking about prepping and making comments etc...but you see no physical evidence that they are actually preparing....then exit out of that relationship.  Don't even trust the folks on this site...no offense anyone..but there are some of you out there whom are only talking the walk....and you are not serious....and I would not trust you in a crisis situation.

Once you find someone you think you can trust....observe the persons family and friends....because there is a good chance things might get "leaked".  Are they reliable?  And what is your plan if they are not?

I personally believe that it takes YEARS of knowing a person before you reveal your life style....LOOK and OBSERVE any person whom you might think would be someone you could trust...

And don't be silly and go on a television show about prepping...hahahahaha!

Don't necessarily trust family members....I personally have a sister in law, whom I love dearly....she does not believe in prepping...and because she is a frequent guest in my house, she knows a little about me.....Much to my distress, she blabbed something to a fellow co worker of ours. (we work for the same company)  She also stated that she did not have to worry about anything, for I would take care of things for her....(this made me a little mad).  Fortunately for me, the coworker is a single male in his 50's...and carrys no baggage...plus lives in another state....and he has no clue where I live....even if he did follow me home....I could put him to good use...hahahh....but the point being...my sister in law, in jest, revealed something that I did not want shared....I made a note to myself to talk to her in private...

To sum it up, here is what my husband's Grandmother use to say...Love many, trust few, and paddle your own canoe.

Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
I'm pretty much with Egg on this. There might be some folks I know who I might like to have in a "group" if it ever comes to that. Until then, nobody needs to know what I may or may not be up to.

I'll decide on their possible compatibility after I can see how they react to whatever it might be that's caused the problems. How people react under stress can be completely different from how they talk when there's nothing serious going on. In my mind, it's best not to show your hand too soon.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »
I hide my stuff, I don't talk about it, and if asked, I lie.

I suppose somebody could, if they wanted to take the trouble, locate me physically.  If they used that data to try to harm me, I'd do my best to make them regret it.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
My 'trust list' at this point is limited to immediate family - my wife, my parents, my in-laws.  And we're not even totally candid with my parents.

The time it takes to establish that level of trust for people beyond immediate family is problematic for military folks.  Moving every few years means having to start largely at square one with relationships every couple of years, too.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline satantroll

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:57:22 AM »
Very few know anything about our prepping.  Nobody knows exactly what we have or where to find most of our preps.  Really only my parents have a clue about anything.  We have avoided making any sort of group, as to not show our cards to anyone...  Instead, we observe family, friends & neighbours to decide who we might be able to trust in an emergency.  Right now I know who to trust & don't need to ask them any interview questions to help make up my mind.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Offline ColoConsrvCowboy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
Spouse and I are the only ones in our small family who know about our prepping... except for the cat, who we don't trust anyway.

Frank

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Well, I don't blame you on those cats.  Cats are sneaky.  You know how they sit and watch you?  They're waiting for your eyeballs to stop moving.

Then they eat you.   :o
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Our cat doesn't eat people.

She's just caused the deaths or disappearances of ever other cat we've had since we got her.

We call her the Highlander kitty.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline prepper_joe

• Knowledge is power.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
Thanks for the information and sorry for the slow reply been working on some projects I've seen some people talk to their neighbors about prepping and trying to get them to do so if they don't want to do so then aren't you showing them your prepping? Then they know you have things so is it a bad idea?   

Offline ColoConsrvCowboy

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
Thanks for the information and sorry for the slow reply been working on some projects I've seen some people talk to their neighbors about prepping and trying to get them to do so if they don't want to do so then aren't you showing them your prepping? Then they know you have things so is it a bad idea?   

Exactly -- why should they prep when they know that they can either mooch off of you when TSHTF or just kill you and take your preps?

The only people I talk to about prepping are also preppers, and even there I only give them superficial info about the amount and type of supplies and training I have.

Frank

Offline prepper_joe

• Knowledge is power.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
More a dog person  ;D also Amish what station you were listening to? (Sorry for off topic)

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 07:24:19 AM »
Prepper Joe....my husband and I listen to several alternative news places..some are considered pretty radical....but we have listened to one of them for over 10 years...and while somethings they say seem off the wall....we have found eventually it becomes public knowledge....you can type in their names and find their sites. To save bandwidth (because we live in the country and have limited bandwidth) my husband will either download the program, or I will listen to it in a pop up window.

List of alternative news sites- just so you know, most of these are conservative Christian sites ...Alex Jones, while he considers himself a conservative Christian, does not advertise this on his broadcasts....even if you do not consider yourself one, you can learn what is truly going on in the world by listening to the broadcasts...and ironically, they have ALL referenced one another from time to time...all are what we consider preppers and they are open about their prepping.

Alex Jones-infowars.com   based out of Austin Texas

Hagmann and Hagman  based out of Erie, Pennsylvania

Steve Quayle - Bozeman, Montana  (He has a good website, but he speaks periodically on Hagmann and Hagmann)

Nathan Leal - Idaho -he has a maddeningly irritating monotone, and he preaches...but I like his radical thinking! hahahah!

Now, occasionally, I listen to another forum that has a podcast that is put out daily....it's Jack Spirko....and the site is thesurvivalpodcast.com  He is not advertising as a conservative Christian....
It's an ok site...I don't agree with all that he says.....and I find that this forum that Mr. Quick has offers as much or more info...but occasionally Spirko has someone on his podcast that I find interesting...

For financial new, we listen to these folks

Gerald Celente
Peter Schiff
The Vision Victory-  a guy out of California...interesting to listen too due to California's financial problems.

Some other interesting places to go are: Mancow and The Drudge Report

We also like to listen to a messianic Jew, Rabbi Jonathan Khan (he wrote the best selling book "The Harbinger"  I will drop anything to listen to him!  He is awesome...we listen so several other ministers, whom are advocating prepping, but this post is not about religion.

Yes, there is some type of broadcast playing almost 24/7 at our house....we even listen to something as we fall asleep....hahahahah!  Our grown children find this maddening when they come to stay....once, after a visit...my two young grandchildren told their parents that we made them listen to the news...hahahahah!

My best advice to you is to listen and read a variety of things.... secular and non secular....and you will begin to find, that both are mysteriously lining themselves up on the same side....something my husband and I have never seen before...
Don't believe everything you read, see or hear....search different sources....consider all angles, watch what is unfolding....compare your info...make your decisions ....and most important off all....search this site for info...there are some AMAZING folks here....from a variety of positions and beliefs....and you will find a TON of great info...with none of the other b.s. that you find on other sites...

What say you other folks?  And newscasts or podcasts that you listen too? 

Oh one more thing....for those of you whom have non prepping spouses or mates or whatever.....put on one of these podcasts, turn up the volume so that all can hear....this works as subtle mindchange....hahahahaha!

Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.