Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 218 times)

Offline Captain Morgan

Hello all
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
I am a 58 year old man from S.E. Illinois. I collect Guns, coins and get my family ready for the worse as we pray for the best.
  We grow and preserve most of the vegetables we eat. We have a 1.5 acre lot at the edge of a small farming town.
I guess I ben a prepper for most of my adult life.
  This is the first group I have joined and hope to learn a lot from the members here.
Can anyone tell me a good water pruifacation system? I have a 1,500 Gal. hot tub and a 5,000 gal Koi pond as back up water supply.
  Also I am looking to start reloading my pistol and maybe rifle ammo. What do you members think of Lee reloaders??
Thanks all
...Captain Morgan...

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »
Welcome aboard, Captain!

As for the water, it depends on what you want to purify it for, and in what quantity.  I have about a 1000 gal storage capability, but it is rain-renewable, so except for the dry months, it is effectively unlimited.  I use a large Berkey filter system.  It's not actually for prepping, although it would be used that way.  But I use it every day, and run all cooking and drinking water through it. 

The following link should give you an idea of the various filtering capabilities available:

http://www.berkeywater.com/FAQs/10c_Compare_Berkey_Sys.html

There's a lot of discussion about this sort of thing in the water board.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
Re: Hello all
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »
Welcome from PA...looking forward to hearing about your gardening experiences....
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options