Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Hello from Michigan  (Read 645 times)

Offline Musket User

Hello from Michigan
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
Just introducing myself, I am a outdoors person/camper/hunter/ fisherman. A do it yourself type. I have been prepping most of my adult life and know from first hand experience the value of putting by stuff for hard times (to many layoffs and doctor bills) I am also a type 2 non-brittle diabetic.

Offline TsMom

Re: Hello from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:41:45 PM »
Welcome Musket User (would love to learn that by the way).  I'm glad you mention the importance of having preps on hand just for hard times.  I've found myself pulling from our stored food (not a lot to begin with) as the economy has had quite the impact on my husband's business. 

I hope you enjoy it here.  I don't comment a lot, but I read what the knowledge members of this site have to say on a daily basis.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
Welcome, Musket!

I follow your strategy as well, and it pays off.  More than a year ago, coffee heareabouts skyrocketed, almost doubling in price at my local Costco.  I just started using what I had stored.  After a year, prices came back down, and I stocked up again.  I do the same with a lot of the things I use regularly - canned tomatoes, bacon, coffee, pasta, and so on.  And I do have enormous stores of the basics - beans, rice, peas and lentils, and popcorn.  I don't store wheat - I'm allergic to the stuff.  Cornbread slathered with lard tastes just fine, as far as I'm concerned, though.  And it's easy to bake in my solar oven.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
Just introducing myself, I am a outdoors person/camper/hunter/ fisherman. A do it yourself type. I have been prepping most of my adult life and know from first hand experience the value of putting by stuff for hard times (to many layoffs and doctor bills) I am also a type 2 non-brittle diabetic.
Howdy from an expatriate fellow Wolverine.  Whereabouts in MI are you?
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:50:28 PM »
Greetings from PA....we have a section for diabetes on here...maybe you have some good tips for those of us whom are diabetic...

So are you a black powder hunter...we have a lot of "musket loaders" around here....as a matter of fact, I think the season starts right after Christmas....I'll have to ask my Dad as that he like to go "musket loading"....I might even has some old pics of a Black Powder Shoot that we had years ago....I have to look...
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Musket User

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 03:54:05 AM »
I do hunt with and shoot black powder weapons. I am a capital city (Lansing) resident.