Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Hello from Olympia, WA  (Read 445 times)

Offline Oly-Steve

Hello from Olympia, WA
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
Just wanted to say hi. I live in Olympia, WA on a nice little 15-acre family farm. Just retired from a 20 year Army career, the last 13 of those being in the special operations field. I've been fortunate enough to attend two different military survival courses...SERE-C and NATO Survival (both with a resistance to interrogation phase at the end), as well as some civilian combat shooting courses. I hope to learn from others here as well as offer any advice or help that I can.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: Hello from Olympia, WA
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
Welcome aboard, Steve!  We have a fair amount of military and ex-military here.  I'm sure some of them will be along to greet you shortly!

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
I have fond memories of SERE, but that's only because they used to borrow me from my unit at Bragg to augment the cadre for the last part of the practical exercise.  I never actually went through the school....  ;)
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
Welcome from Pa  My family is military also...I'm a wife, Mom, daughter, daughter in law, granddaughter, sister, sister in law, aunt, cousin and neice of military folks....hahahahaha!  Like I said...my family is military!

Looking forward to your input...especially about your farm!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Oly-Steve

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 11:21:53 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Offline Langenator

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Are you close enough to the Fort to hear the artillery practice on an otherwise quiet day?

I spent 5 years at Lewis, lived in Lacey of exit 109.  Moved away just a few months before they opened the Cabela's.  Always wished I could have afforded a place off the main road near Roy or thereabouts.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815