Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Safely storing human waste in a condo  (Read 3519 times)

Offline TorontoGrl

Safely storing human waste in a condo
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
I know, this sounds disgusting but it's on my mind.. would love some input!

I'm trying to solve our human waste problem (2 kids + 2 adults) in case we're stuck in our condo (large 3 bedroom + den, no balcony), I plan to drain the toilet water and insert plastic bags into the toilet and wrap them around the toilet seat, I bought a lot of scented kitty litter, the plan is to store liquid waste in empty plastic bottles where water used to be and solid waste in sealed plastic bags in buckets with kitty litter on top of each bag... very doable for 1 month but I want to be able to do this for 6 months, any ideas?

I know I need to buy more bins, but won't they smell even if sealed?

I really need to avoid opening our front door, person! Our neighbours are all large families with kids and NO ONE is prepping anything, even after seeing what happened in New York, they just don't care.. my only concern is keeping my family safe and well-fed for 6 months.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Safely storing human waste in a condo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
Go to the home store, get a 5 gallon bucket, a large supply of heavy duty plastic trash bags, and a small round toilet seat, along with the kitty litter.

Line the bucket with the trash bags, put kitty litter inside (an inch or so at a time), put toilet seat on top.  Use as normal.

After use, add a layer of kitty litter.

When bucket is approximately half full, seal bag, remove from bucket, place in another bag and seal, store in out of the way location.  A balcony is ideal.  Re-line bucket, etc.

Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: Safely storing human waste in a condo
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone