Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Sarah Hoyt, Author  (Read 1080 times)

Offline lpdbw

Sarah Hoyt, Author
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »
On her blog, http://accordingtohoyt.com, she outlines her idea of future scenarios for the U.S.

Quite grim, but a new perspective from someone who grew up under foreign Marxism, chose to become an American, and is now forced to live under a Marxist.

I'd hope, Bill, you could convince her to contribute here.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: Sarah Hoyt, Author
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:33:47 AM »
Sure.  I'll give her a call.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline lpdbw

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »
Insert Quote
Sure.  I'll give her a call.
Now that's funny.  If this were dailypundit, I'd assume that was snark.  Like all you authors have each other on speed-dial.

Regardless, I believe she answers email, and that you each know who the other is, since she occasionally guest-posts on insty.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Actually, she was one of the guest co-bloggers on Instapundit up to the election.  She's got to be somewhat accessable.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
Not snark.  We talk to each other.  And as for SF authors, while I've been kinda out of touch, at one point, through the con culture, I could say that I did personally know maybe ninety percent of the actual SF pros.

Anyway, I've invited her to come onna our house over here.  We'll see what happens.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »
Is Larry Correia on your Rolodex?  :)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline lpdbw

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »
Just a heads up that she's been posting quite about lately about the depression and her predictions for the future.

I don't agree with her, but on the other hand, I respect her viewpoint and experience, and I can't say she's wrong just because I'm more pessimistic.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
She's suffering from post-Obama reelection depression.  A lot of us are.  I'm starting to come out of mine.  Still preparing for the worst, though.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
One should always prepare for the worst, unless doing so precludes preparing for the less bad, but more likely.

And they generally have a lot of overlap, anyway.

Even preparing for Judgement Day, Revelation-style, has plenty of applicability to lesser problems.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus