Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: My relation ship with my Democrat Girlfriend  (Read 590 times)

Offline bcdallas

My relation ship with my Democrat Girlfriend
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
I am currently in a relationship with a democrat girlfriend that if I try and state my opinion on a subject it turns into a fight, nothing I say is reasonable to her and I don't know what to do, I do love her but I cant stand it anymore.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: My relation ship with my Democrat Girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »
Sorry to hear it.  Sounds rough.  This is a little beyond the scope of a prepping forum, but from a prepper viewpoint, in any emergency situation, having people of like mindset is very important.  If she disagrees with you over politics, how does she feel about prepping?

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline bcdallas

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
She tolerates it. I see what is going on in the world but she pants a Rosie picture and I cant change her mind.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
Can't tell you what to do.... But

My first wife was/is a flaming liberal. It led to many a nasty disagreement. I thought I "loved" her too and since we were married I felt I had to honor the obligation I had taken on of my own free will. She finally threw me out, which at the time damned near broke my heart.

Eventually I met a woman who sees mostly eye to eye with me, as we are both quite conservative. At that point I realized what it really is to "love" another person and thanked my lucky stars to be out of that first relationship and into one that was truly good.

I didn't understand this until I had seen both sides. I expect it's a good possibility that you don't either.

Fortunately, it appears you are not married yet and now you know what to avoid.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline cd

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
When you get married, certain things get better, some stay the same, others, well ... um ... definitely don't get better. Things that barely scratch your annoyance meter now ... rarely recede.

Marriage is many things, but ultimately it is a partnership. Being as like-minded as possible sure helps.

Two things I advise my sons:

1. Look at her mother, that's what she'll probably end up looking like.
2. Look at her relationship with her father, that's the default model for her relationship with you until several years elapse for any reprogramming of the actual mechanics.

Ultimately, if conservatism and/or prepping are a lower priority to you, which is to say, you could / would [back-burner to drop] them for the sake of your love for her, then accept that now. It will be much harder later. On both of you.

If you can't back-burner or drop those things, it's easy for me to say, but you'll both probably be better off not as a permanent item.

That's what I would tell my own sons, anyway. FWIW, YMMV, and all that.

Offline BooMushroom

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
Sounds to me like you're in a bad relationship that you should get out of. If your thoughts and feelings are unimportant, then you will probably be breaking up at some point anyway.

Remember that 70% of divorces are initiated by women.

Offline ColoConsrvCowboy

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »
Whatever you do, don't let your feelings for her take precedence over your principles. You still have time to find yourself a nice girl who thinks the way you do. If you eventually tied the knot with this girlfriend without resolving the different viewpoints, you might find yourself in a nasty divorce. So think about it: what's more important, the fundamental things you believe in or a girlfriend who is already giving you hell about your way of thinking?

Frank

Offline xtron

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
leave her or shoot her..your choice
sounds harsh, but.....
if you can't discuss politics in a calm rational way, even if you agree to disagree, how in the world are you going to discuss..
religion
finances
child disapline
investments/investing
any of the thousand other things married couples must discuss and compramise on.
sounds like she is a "my way or the highway" person and not open to change.
you will be better off without her.
(full disclosure...i have 2 ex-wives that were of opposing political/religious partys)

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
Well, you have the consensus of the guys on here....

And I really don't think you are actually asking for advice....I think that if you are asking this question, you already know the answer...and you just need some support for what you are thinking!

Remember, a house divided will not stand. You don't have to agree on everything....but How a person stands politically really does govern his/her life decisions...
It is so imperative that a couple works as a TEAM and be of one mind.  In the end, it could cost a person his life...

Best of luck to you sir, because no matter what decision you make here....stay or not stay with her, the decision will cause you some pain...you have to decide to what degree of pain you are willing to withstand.

Remember Arnold and Maria!
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline pinkpower

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
Well, you have the consensus of the guys on here....

And I really don't think you are actually asking for advice....I think that if you are asking this question, you already know the answer...and you just need some support for what you are thinking!

Remember, a house divided will not stand. You don't have to agree on everything....but How a person stands politically really does govern his/her life decisions...
It is so imperative that a couple works as a TEAM and be of one mind.  In the end, it could cost a person his life...

Best of luck to you sir, because no matter what decision you make here....stay or not stay with her, the decision will cause you some pain...you have to decide to what degree of pain you are willing to withstand.

Remember Arnold and Maria!

This...just don't touch the housekeeper. ;)

I'm neither liberal nor conservative but I'm not a fence sitter either. I have strong principles & they're mine. I'm not going to shove them on others though.

If she refuses to let you be who you are & accept you regardless of whether it's politics or not, chances are she's not going to in the future.

Someone that truly loves you & is deserving of your love is going to respect all of you.