Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: 2012 Election Open Thread  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
2012 Election Open Thread
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
Here is a place to post any news you have from the election - including your impressions of how things were going at polling places.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

Re: 2012 Election Open Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
I voted absentee, by mail, in WA.  (All ballots in WA are vote by mail, mine just happens to get mailed to TX.)

I will note that the Mrs. and I received our ballots in plenty of time to send them back.  Also that the Thurston County Auditor (in WA, responsible for ballots at the country level) has ALWAYS gotten me my ballot on time - even when I was in Afghanistan, and had moved to a different FOB than the one whose address I had given her office.  She is currently running for WA Secretary of State, and got my vote based on her the outstanding performance of her previous job.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline TsMom

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:56:33 PM »
I voted in a deeply red state.  I don't know what to think about tonight.  I'm really nervous. 

Offline cd

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
Drudge has some exit polls, looks very, very close. It shouldn't be. I'm no Romney fan, but this isn't a very difficult choice.

Offline Langenator

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:00:52 PM »
Behold, the "margin of cheat."

Admittedly, my media consumption is highly biased, but most all of the reports of seen of various types of "irregularities" have been Dem-favoring.

Here's this, though: if Obama wins, I expect the House to begin impeachment hearings over Benghazi before he's sworn in for his second term.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline BooMushroom

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
Behold, the "margin of cheat."

Admittedly, my media consumption is highly biased, but most all of the reports of seen of various types of "irregularities" have been Dem-favoring.

Here's this, though: if Obama wins, I expect the House to begin impeachment hearings over Benghazi before he's sworn in for his second term.

So what would be worse: President Obama or President Biden?

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
Time for more PM's, move income offshore (away from the moochers), tangible assets and going Galt.

Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline cd

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:19:38 AM »

That may be true, but the trial would be held in the senate. Good luck with that.

SCOTUS nominations go thru the same.

The country is so ... over. 47% was a material understatement.

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
There is not a single hope in Hades of that happening.

The GOP got burned with that under Clinton.  They won't make the same mistake twice.

I do think that ER-Doc has the right idea, though.  It's certainly one I'm going to try harder to pursue.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone