Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Sorry For the Outage  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Sorry For the Outage
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
Apparently dailypundit.com (the parent domain for this site) came under attack around 3:45 this afternoon, and received about five million hits in a few seconds, causing the site to be automatically suspended.

We're back up now, and I'm looking into ways to prevent such occurrences in the future.  Thanks for your concerns and patience!
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
Re: Sorry For the Outage
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
No need to apologize for the fact that your posts have attracted the attention of enemies with the resources to conduct such an attack.  "Shut up!" is clearly the only response the foes of liberty have to your arguments.  Wear this attack as a badge of honor, as you've obviously gotten under someone's skin....  8)
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline BooMushroom

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »
Bill, there aren't many sites on the Internet that can withstand a DDoS attack. Maybe google, yahoo, drudge, and a few others who can pay a whole lot of money for it.  I wouldn't pay too much more for a better SLA unless you are making enough money on E-P and DP to justify paying for more extensive hosting. We can wait a few hours to post - we're loyal :)

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
If you're taking AAA, you must be over the target. ;D
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed