Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Big Fire At Chevron Refinery In Richmond  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Big Fire At Chevron Refinery In Richmond
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »
Two stacks fully engulfed.  Shelter in place orders issued for all of Richmond, San Pablo, and El Cerrito.  BART service stopped for the Richmond station.

No injuries reported yet.  Although I'll bet local gas prices jump fifty cents a gallon tomorrow.

I can see a huge plume of smoke to the east from where I live. Lots of pics here:

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/national-international/Fire-Erupts-at-Richmond-Refinery-165212676.html

There have been big fires at this refinery before.  You can't help but wonder about terrorism when something like this happens - and around here, that doesn't necessarily mean jihadis.  We've got some pretty nasty Deep Green covens around here, too.  As well as Occupiers and other such riff-raff.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:13:22 PM by Bill Quick »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Langenator

Re: Big Fire At Chevron Refinery In Richmond
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:54 AM »
I saw that on the SF Chron's website when I went looking for the ball scores this morning.

I think you're right about the gas prices.  Especially given California's super-special unicorn fairy dust gas formula(s).
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Re: Big Fire At Chevron Refinery In Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
There may well be a ripple effect that causes prices to rise elsewhere.

Part of the problem is that government regulations make it nearly impossible to build new refineries, and demand is high enough to make the short-term payoff of needed maintenance--necessitating plant shut-down--seem not worth it. So we hear more and more about issues with refineries that are wearing out with no replacements or relief in sight...
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.