Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Disaster TV  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Re: Disaster TV
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »
I had issues with the Hunger Games and also this new show revolutions....while I like them for entertainment sake....there are some very blatant mind conditioning going on here....not for us older folks....for our children...in the hunger Games....those folks were in that condition because they revolted against the government...would you  say a 10 or 11 year old would want to revolt against tyranny if they thought that that would be the penalty?...
Did you watch the movie or read the books?  Because I, for one, approve of "Young Adult" literature (they called 'em "Juvenile Fiction" when I was a kid, Ghu knows what they called 'em in Bill's day :D
Where was I?  Oh, yeah:  I, for one, approve of "Young Adult" literature which teaches kids you cannot trust the government.
SPOILER BELOW

SPOILER:  In the last book, Katniss is supposed to execute President Rose, but kills the leader of the revolution instead.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
I did watch the movie...haven't had a chance to read the books....why does she kill the leader of the revolution?  I want to respond, but I'm at work ...maybe this weekend I can devote some time to write something a little more lengthly.
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline TsMom

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »
Drang - That is how I was going to respond too. The movement of the books is always towards revolting against the government, and the government's power in trying to put that revolt down.  I would recommend them to most teenagers as long as there are competent adults around to explain that when government gets too big and too powerful, it can do the things that the government does in those books.   

Spoiler alert

She kills the leader of the revolt, because she realizes that she is not that different from the government already in power.  The revolution is successful in the sense that it overthrows the government, but there is still this time of unknown, when nobody really knows what the new government will do.  It is an interesting way to end the books. 

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 11:18:23 AM »
thank you ts Mom....now I know I will respond...but it's going to take me awhile....these Movies are put on tv just for entertainment....and I am so very with you on watching them with your teens (parental guidance)...which I will explain when I can post...
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline jc

• If it isn't heavy enough to sink you, take it.
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »
Well it is obvious now that the problem with the elect was made, not natural. And we have one guy with the knowledge killing the others. So that means that the guys who started it decided everybody would be better off w/o it and were willing to kill many to start it off(planes falling).  So, what do we call them? Radical killers or revolutionary's?
JC

Offline Langenator

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
IIRC, radical greens trying to wipe out most of the population to bring about their version of eco-topia was the basis for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six novel.  Except there they were using a genetically modified ebola virus instead of cutting the power.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
So, what do we call them? Radical killers or revolutionary's?
They go by many names: ALF.  ELF.  PETA.  Greenpeace.  #Occupy.  Obama voters.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline jc

• If it isn't heavy enough to sink you, take it.
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
They go by many names: Obama voters.

Opps, I think you just alienated 47% of the voters  :o
JC

Offline Musket User

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
I gave up on revolution after the first episode to much whining men and not enough stand up  like you have a spine men and as P.C as this kind of show can get.