Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: NOT an Advanced Trauma Kit  (Read 8041 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
NOT an Advanced Trauma Kit
« on: June 19, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
Cuz I have no idea how to use all that stuff in Doc's Advanced Trauma Kit.  I'm not even sure what  lot of it does.
Based on a Condor Rip-Away EMT Pouch.
I'll spare you the photos of the pouch I included in my blog post about this, the photos on that Amazon linked page are much more clear. *s*i*g*h*

The pouch opened up

Top panel. Two pockets, three elastic loops. Quikclot in one pocket, first aid manual in other.  The elastic loops usually hold a couple of "rescue blankets."

Middle panel.  Another pocket with a pack of Quickclot, an Israeli bandage, and some kerlix-sytle gauze.

This shows that the smaller loops elastic on this panel are attached to a large sleeve.

Bottom section is a zippered mesh pocket which holds some single-use pouches of Neosporin and some band-aids. (Includes butterfly, knuckle, and fingertip bandaids.)
Not shown: Gauze pads, pencil, notebook, and bandage scissors.

Not included:  Cell phone, source of fire, duct tape.  This kit is intended for use when and where I'll have other sources for those.  No SAM Splints, ditto.  Also, no "Bolin Chest Seal" or similar device which I don't know how to use.

NOTE:  If these links don't work, I apologize, I've edited the post three times and I think I made all corrections.   :-[ The links at the blog post should be good...  :-\
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:11:18 PM by Drang »
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline SilverDeth

• ...a propagandist by inclination...
Re: NOT an Advanced Trauma Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:29 PM »
That's a nice pouch sir.  I am with you on the "needs more medical training" boat.
"There are many things worse than dying, and there are some things far more important than living."
- Me, 2004

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:05:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj1INnA3UE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj1INnA3UE</a>
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj1INnA3UE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj1INnA3UE</a>
FAQ: How to Embed A YouTube Video In A Post

I just added some stuff ordered from Chinook Medical Gear, Inc., based on Doc's recommendation.

Ordered Thursday evening, chose "el cheapo" 10-15 day delivery, arrived yesterday.  All I ordered was some more individual-use triple antibiotic packets, some suture strips, and two packs of the Alocsac waterproof storage bags.  They have some neat stuff, though, it would be easy to go nuts.  I like their medication pack, I think it would be pretty useful for a lot of things.
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »
Thanks for the FAQ.  I tried the 'youtube' button....
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 09:15:16 PM »
Not sure why it's there... ???
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.