Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Zombie Ammo  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Zombie Ammo
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
I'm getting tired of the whole zombie thing, but this article makes a couple of good points:

http://blksunsoc.blogspot.ca/2012/05/lawyers-and-zombies.html

Unless, of course, it was a zombie lawyer.....or is that redundant?
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline oldguy52

Re: Zombie Ammo
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
I guess the question I have to ask is, why would Hornady, who in my mind is a very reputable manufacturer, put something on their packaging that would leave their customers in such a position?

Surely they've been around long enough to know that the gun grabbers would (and would be able to) use this to their advantage.

C'mon Hornady, you can't possibly be so naive as to not understand this.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »
I guess the question I have to ask is, why would Hornady, who in my mind is a very reputable manufacturer, put something on their packaging that would leave their customers in such a position?

Surely they've been around long enough to know that the gun grabbers would (and would be able to) use this to their advantage.

I suspect two things:  First, a very ambitious but naive marketing type.  Second, that it won't be around very much longer...
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline pslblog

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »

It is possible that they are daring the gun-grabbers to try to get so stupid as to waste their ammunition on this ammunition. This is the "all-in" year, where there are no-holds-barred in political matters. One of the ways we can keep the gun-grabber types occupied is to taunt them into deeply stupid battles like trying to constrain advertising of a product geared to destroy imaginary creatures.

In any case, the gun-grabbers will certainly drive up sales if they try to make it a big deal. Also, think of the pure joy of getting a totalitarian jerk legislator to try to introduce this in some state House or Senate somewhere during an election year.

When they came for zombie ammunition, I said nothing because I had no zombie ammunition...

Offline Langenator

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
I thought all ammunition is zombie ammunition...as long as you hit them in the head with it.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815

Offline SilverDeth

• ...a propagandist by inclination...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
So what's so special about this ammo?  Looks like it's pretty much just a ballistic tip jhp? 
"There are many things worse than dying, and there are some things far more important than living."
- Me, 2004

Offline pslblog

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
So what's so special about this ammo?  Looks like it's pretty much just a ballistic tip jhp? 

According to everything the company puts out, there is nothing different about this ammunition except for the box it comes in. This is a straight cash-in, with a wink and a nod towards more sophisticated ammunition customers. They aren't claiming any special zombie-destroying capabilities.

I suspect they are daring some anti-gun lawyer to make a run at them, so they can establish case law that further discredits the anti-gun position. The language on the box seems very particular. Even if the imagery is fantastic, the description and instructions are quite reserved. 

Offline AuricTech

• Interrogator at Large
    • AuricTech Thoughts
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »

Hornady's 55-grain .223 Remington Z-Max is identical to their 55-grain .223 Remington V-Max, except for the color of the ballistic tip.  I bought a couple of boxes of Z-Max in that caliber, simply because it was less expensive at my local Sportsman's Warehouse (Z-Max was $18.99 per box of 20 rounds, while the equivalent V-Max was $19.99 per box of 20 rounds).
American parachutists...devils in baggy pants...are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere....

Offline pslblog

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
Hornady's 55-grain .223 Remington Z-Max is identical to their 55-grain .223 Remington V-Max, except for the color of the ballistic tip.  I bought a couple of boxes of Z-Max in that caliber, simply because it was less expensive at my local Sportsman's Warehouse (Z-Max was $18.99 per box of 20 rounds, while the equivalent V-Max was $19.99 per box of 20 rounds).

So go round up a small horde of zombies and test it out for us. Of course, clamping them into the drywall partitioned box is going to be a challenge...

Offline PAGUY

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
As previously stated it is standard ammo that was marketed toward "zombie hunters". It's a fad that is all it I'd and they have exploited the subject.

Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome. FTM/PTB
Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome
FTM/PTB

Offline Langenator

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
I visited Sportco in Fife (a large retailer of hunting/fishing/shooting/camping gear, bigger than Academy but smaller than Cabelas) and they had, all on the same shelf, 12ga, 00 buck, Hornady Z-Max, TAP, and Critical Defense.

It's all the same stuff, except for the box and the color of the plastic on the shells.

Even the same price.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
“In the house of a wise man are stores of food, wine, and oil, but the foolish man devours all he has.” Proverbs 21:20
"We are content with discord, we are content with alarms, we are content with blood, but we will never be content with a master." -Pashtun malik, 1815