Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Favorite Pocket Folder  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Dale00

Favorite Pocket Folder
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »
What is your favorite folder for pocket carry? Opinions will vary widely I'm sure. For me it is a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-Folding-Knife-Speed/dp/B0009VC9Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331608078&sr=8-1 Remove the "safety" so you can open it quickly with one hand.

For the price I don't think they can be beat. Quick opening with the "speed safe " system and it is extremely comfortable clipped in your pocket - smooth and thin. I like a partially serrated edge in case I need to cut a seat belt or something similar.
"Test everything. Hold onto the good." 1 Thes 5:21

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Re: Favorite Pocket Folder
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
I lose pocket knives at such a regular interval I usually go with something name brand but inexpensive.  Currently carrying a Buck, um, er, something.  Plastic handles, lockback.  I think it cost me $13 at the PX.
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Suburban

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »
What is your favorite folder for pocket carry?

I used to carry a Spyderco Police model, but then the laws changed and I could no longer carry it legally.  Then I picked up a Boker Haddock cheap at an auction:

http://www.amazon.com/Haddock-Black-G-10-Handle-Plain/dp/B003SA9RAS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331617949&sr=8-2

It took some work with diamond stones to get it sharp again, but I have never used as sharp a knife before in my life.  5 mm thick blade hollow ground.  You can shave with this knife.

This is not my only EDC knife.  I also carry a Swiss Army pocket knife in a pocket and a BuckTool on my belt.  I reach for the Haddock when I need something _very_ sharp.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »
Probably a year and a half ago I lost my assisted opening rather large pocket knife. Never really liked it. It was a decent knife, but a little too big for a pocket knife. I looked around for a while trying to decide what to replace it with and stumbled upon the Leatherman Freestyle CX. I generally like Leatherman's stuff, but find it's usually too big and a bit heavy for pocket carry. The freestyle is sized more like an ordinary pocket knife, 2 1/2 inch blade, but with the bonus of a pliers added. I wish it had screwdriver bits but the smallest one that has them is the Skeletool and it's a bit big to lay in your pocket nicely.

I carry and use this everyday now and have been very happy with it. If something happens to it, I'll buy another.

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-831082-Freestyle-CX-Multi-tool/dp/B001T84THW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331694054&sr=8-2
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Mr. Bingley

• The Coalition of the Swilling

Offline Hal Jordan

• Let me help
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »
I carry this SOG with the Sheriff's Office logo on the blade. It was a special bulk purchase that someone made for us several years ago. The first time I opened the blade, I wanted to see how sharp it was so I pressed my finger against the tip. It was so sharp that it punctured my finger! That blade has stayed sharp over the years, too. I'm not too happy about the safety lever, because it seems to get moved to the halfway position from being carried in my pocket. I suppose the pocket clip could be used to break a car window if needed. It's reversible so you can put it on the other side of the knife if necessary.
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"