Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Fruit Cordial  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Bonnie's Books & More
Fruit Cordial
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:57:18 PM »
In another part of this lovely forum, Mr. Quick made a list of supplies. I was tickled by his straight forward mention of "booze & beer." Too many lists call the alcohol medicinal or for barter. But for those of us who like a drink now & then, it's a good thing. I've never cared for the taste of straight alcohol - I prefer the sweet drinks that come with a little umbrella.  ;D

But I can't afford much of that, so I make a simple cordial from vodka, sugar, & the bits of soft fruit that is too ripe, bruised, mangled, or whatever to can or freeze. But not spoiled fruit. Even with the vodka that could give an off flavor. I've got a couple of friends hooked on this so they buy the vodka & I provide the fruit & make it. I made plum cordial one time, but it tasted too much like prune juice to me. If you live in strawberry growing country, that might make a good drink. I'm partial to peach & raspberry.

Fruit Cordial
4 cups fruit (raspberries, apricots, peaches, etc)
2 cups sugar
Fifth of vodka (750 ml)

Stir once a week until all sugar is dissolved. Should be ready to strain at 8 weeks.
God bless,
Bonnie
Opportunity Farm
NE WA

"While we have the opportunity, let us do good to all." Galatians 6:10

BonniesBooks.net