Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 9451 times)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
Is it just me...
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:37:36 AM »
...or are these silly?
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:39:56 AM »
I basically consider EVERYTHING associated with 'Bear Grylls' to be silly......starting with his self-assumed name.
Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Coleman Junkie

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:36 AM »
Yeah, I love the theory that "I'll be in a survival situation today - I'm going to wear my SURVIVAL PANTS!"

What happens if the SHTF and you're in your Levis?  Do you just give up? 

As pretty as his stuff is, I'm going to cast my lot with the stuff that's been tried and true for many, many years.  And seriously, if you bump into a guy in the woods wearing SURVIVAL PANTS! and another one carrying a Ka-bar, which one are you going to take more seriously?

I'm going to put on my SURVIVAL NECKTIE and my SURVIVAL OXFORDS and head into the office now . . .

B

Member of the Church of the Blessed St. John Thomas Rourke since 1983

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
;D

Yeah, that "survival pant" thing got me, too.

I figured it was what you did when zombies spotted you in that clown suit and chased you for a couple of miles.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline MtnX

• Mountain Cross
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »
I'm no partiular fan of Mr. Grylls, and though we have not yet evaluated these pants directly, the pants do appear to present merit.

The construction should be quick-drying, and the knee reinforcements along with the increased mobility afforded by the combination of fabrics should prove nice to have in higher physically demanding activities.

Cotton Kills, and I'll not wear any denim pants in the field - regardless of who the manufacturer is.

The pants would likely be better received if they were simply named "Field Pants", but they, as are any other products carrying the "BG" branding, are marketed to a particular demographic; a fair amount of disposable income, watches/ believes the "Man VS. Wild" show, and chases after the elusive title of "operator" or "survivor" while typing away in the parent's basement. 

When performing product evaluation and testing, we evaluate products based on how applicable they are for the proposed use/ environment, durability, ergonomics, ease of use, etc., but not by a particular tag, nomenclature, or person's name attached.  As a matter of fact, its not at all unheard of to have a particular item sent for evaluation/ testing BEFORE such title/tag is applied.  "Baer" is not a seamstress - he doesn't make these pants anymore than he makes the Gerber knives carrying his branding.  Of course, you can purchase the exact same knife from Gerber in different coloration and without the "BG" branding.

The tag that really turns me off the most about these pants has nothing to do with Baer Grylls, but the "Made in China" tag.

/K
Excuses comprise the most debilitating disease mankind has ever known.  Apathy is the vehicle of infection.
www.MtnX.info - Because the Storms Will Come
Matt 24:32

Offline Rancher

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:06:25 PM »
I have to agree... These are just plain silly...

Your Ad Here - Email for Info
Help Support E-P.com
Even A Buck Makes A Difference!
Or Make Convenient Monthly
Donations By Selecting
A Payment Option
Payment Options