Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Focardi-Rossi "Cold Fusion" - Still Looking Good  (Read 378 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Focardi-Rossi "Cold Fusion" - Still Looking Good
« on: August 05, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
(crossposted at Daily Pundit)

Andrea Rossi’s E-cat fusion device on target. | Watts Up With That?
Six months ago I posted, with Anthony’s consent and misgivings, Cold Fusion Going Commercial!?. It’s time to take a look at how Dr Rossi and his Energy Catalyzer are doing. In a word, Wow. There’s a huge amount of information and blogish speculation on the web now despite there being still very little in the mainstream press. There’s a new blog that looks pretty good, other new blogs I haven’t checked out yet, existing blogs have a lot of information, and it may be quite a while before I get back to teasing information out of Rossi’s blog.
Well, it's still looking good, although with a caveat I wasn't aware of before:
Ah, a very good question. I’m going to take a very conservative approach to the answer, i.e. squash the hype. First and foremost, all the usable energy this produces is heat. The major limitation of this is the maximum temperature the reactor can run at, Rossi says they keep it at no more than 500°C. Modern power plants can produce steam at 600°C and a pressure of 250 bar. While this is unobtainable from from the Rossi device, it could be used in a two stage boiler – an E-cat stage to get the temperature up to several hundred degrees and a conventional plant to finish it.
So it's really not the megawatt generator in a box that the normal nuke reactor power plant is.  It's just a potentially huge generator of heat.

Still, the power in, power out ratio appears to be so beneficial that if it works, it will be of major significance.  And note this:
Let’s ignore that lower efficiency may not preclude it from being cost effective.
Right.  Would 500c steam at xxx  millibars still produce significant amounts of electricity, enough to make the overall system cost effective?  Possibly.  Anyway, read the whole thing.  (via Physics Geek - thanks!)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:47:17 PM by Bill Quick »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone