Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Hair Care  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Earth Girl

Hair Care
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
During a primitive camping trip last week, I discovered that I forgot my brush and comb.  First I tried using my fingers, then I tried using a fork.  Neither worked well.  I was almost desperate enough to carve a comb to untangle my hair.  Luckily, we had to make an hour trip to the nearest gas station for another reason, and they had a comb for sale.  It's amazing what a difference grooming makes to your mental health.

Offline razorbacker

Re: Hair Care
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
It's amazing what a difference grooming makes to your mental health.

One of my salesmen and his new bride were camping with my wife and myself in the Land Between the Lakes near Hopkinsville, KY.

She was one unhappy lady (the new bride) to discover that her carefully packed curling iron, blow drier, makeup mirror and the rest were not very useful without electricity.

No one asked my opinion, but I thought that she looked better without the makeup.  I took it that he had never seen her without her paint on.

Nice girl.  Not much of an outdoorswoman, though.  I'm sure that she had a myriad of other charms to compensate.

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
Re: Hair Care
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »
Well, I suppose if I were interested in making a good impression, I would go to a hair expert....but I I'm not interested in impressing anyone except my husband...hahahahah!  ...besides...no one and nothing can help my hair...it curly, and has a mind of it's own...
(my husband affectionally calls me tornado hair, and my granddaughter he calls mini tornado hair..hahahah!)
I like to be clean and kempt, and no woman wants to feel unattractive.....but I think real beauty comes from within....and it will bubble out like a fountain and becomes contagious...

Young girls take note, a pleasant personality, confidence in yourself (note I said confidence, not arrogance) and a great smile makes you very attractive!  I've seen some plain janes attract some very good looking guys because they had a sweet spirit.  Concentrate on this part FIRST...then the outer beauty...

To Sherylbrane:  I've heard about the hot water thing...that  you should rinse in as cold of water as you can stand, because it supposedly smooths the hair out and then the hair shines more.  In an end of the world as we know it type situation....we might be rinsing our hair in cold water and it won't be by choice...hahahahah!

Earthgirl:  When I worked in nursing, and in a home for the terminally ill and mentally ill...Poor hygiene signaled alarm signals to us because it could be a symptom of depression. (not always, because older people tend to not want to bathe as much, because they took bathes once a week when they were young) 

We made special efforts to keep up their mental health by offering spa days, nail care, beauty shop, makeup sessions...good hygiene and personal care products do tend to affect our mental outlook.  These things should be considered in our preps.

I like perfume...and am learning how to make perfume myself....I know that this is a luxury and not really a prep, but I consider it something along the lines of comfort food....not a necessity, but something I would like...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:03:13 PM by Amisheggpicker »
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.