Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Puralytics Solar Water Bag  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Puralytics Solar Water Bag
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Puralytics :: Pure Water
The sun provides the only power source for a complete water purification system in a portable container. The initial product provides about 3 liters of pure drinking water in 2 to 4 hours exposure to sunlight, even on a cloudy day. The clear top cover allows the optimum wavelengths of sunlight to stimulate the photocatalytic reaction; the black back material absorbs any extra sun energy to provide thermal flow across the photocatalyst. The SolarBag 3L is equipped with a large (42mm) filtered opening for filling. The purified water is dispensed through a smaller opening, compatible with many drinking and serving accessories.
This looks like an interesting new technology for water purification.

Haven't been able to find a place that sells it to the public yet, though.  Apparently some guy made a video about drinking his own urine after treating it with this thing, though.
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

Offline Flight-ER-Doc

Re: Puralytics Solar Water Bag
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »
I think I'd like a little better explanation of the technology than 'magic'.  What exactly is the 'photocatalytic process' that breaks down elemental cadmium or lead, for example?

EPA / NSF certification would be a plus, too.

Yes, I'm a physician.  No, I'm not YOUR physician.  Nothing I say here is medical advice.

Do I treat Glocks like I treat my lawn mowers?  No, I treat them worse.  I treat my defensive weapons like my fire extinguishers and smoke detector - annual maintenance and I expect them to work when needed

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:32:38 AM »
I keep thinking of the Arthur C. Clarke "Tale From The White Hart" about the "osmotic bomb."
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.

Offline oldguy52

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
I think I'd like a little better explanation of the technology than 'magic'.  What exactly is the 'photocatalytic process' that breaks down elemental cadmium or lead, for example?

Yeah, really.

Looks to me like one could accomplish about the same result with a 1 gallon zip-lock freezer bag (clear top surface) laying in a cast iron frying pan (black back surface), out in the sun.
O.G.

"Stupid is supposed to be painful, it's nature's way of learnin' ya" - Me, 1994

When one finds himself living in interesting times, it is prudent to become as uninteresting as possible.... Me, 2011

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
Here's a bit more on the process.  Though you're right, not much specific detail, though.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/25/cleantech-open-winners-puralytics/

The award, however, as near as I can determine, is legit.  One thing I don't much like, though, is the lack of commercial distribution to individuals.  They seem to want to market this stuff to governments and NGOs.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:44:22 AM by Bill Quick »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone

dougp

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
I think I'd like a little better explanation of the technology than 'magic'.  What exactly is the 'photocatalytic process' that breaks down elemental cadmium or lead, for example?

;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:50:31 AM by Bill Quick »

Offline Puralytics

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Hi All,

We've added more technical explanation about the SolarBag on our website: http://www.puralytics.com/html/solarBag.php

and more about the technology as well:
http://www.puralytics.com/html/puralyticProcess.php

We've also recently exceeded the EPA purifier requirements on challenge water, demonstrating better than 99.9999% reduction of bacteria and virus and 4LRV reduction of protozoa in the challenge water (high turbidity, dark tea colored) as well as reduction of Arsenic to non-detect levels.  More info can be addressed to your personal questions at info@puralytics.com.

Thanks for your interest!

Offline ColoConsrvCowboy

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
What? No pricing or web store? No way to buy this through Amazon? Could you please provide pricing info, or is the SolarBag not ready for prime time?

Frank

Offline Puralytics

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »
The SolarBag is now available on a dozen or more retail websites, including Amazon, The Sportsman's Guide, American Preparedness Center, Gander Mountain, and others for a price of $75 or so.  It has a high user rating on these sites as well.  The SolarBag may also be purchased in bulk or directly from the company at www.puralytics.com

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »
Here's the Amazon link that puts some change in my pockets:

Puralytics SolarBag Water Purifier (3-Litre)

Offline Drang

• The Cluemeter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »
I keep thinking of the Arthur C. Clarke "Tale From The White Hart" about the "osmotic bomb."
Arthur C Clarke Tales from The White Hart pdf free ebook download from www.gpnp.net
The story is "MOVING SPIRIT" on page 37 of that file.  (Page 73 in the book.)

At least this gadget doesn't require require fructose syrup to work, like that one that uses 5 gallon cans and makes sports drink.  Might be useful in a shelter, buy not likely for personal use.

The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.