Max Velocity Tactical

Your Ad Here - Email for Info

You Can Shop At Amazon and Help Support Emergency-Preps.com Without It Costing You One Thin Dime - Click Here to Learn How!

Author Topic: Pantry Inventory Software  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Amisheggpicker

• General Access
Pantry Inventory Software
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
I think this is the appropriate place to post this....I have been reading some posts on LDS canneries...and thought I might share this...while my husband has several members of his family who are Mormon...we are not...nor intend to be...just saying this, so no one thinks I am trying to proselytize....
I have found the Mormons have great food storage ideas...and here is a software for your pantry that the Mormons put out...well it's not just the pantry, but your entire household...clothing...car needs...household needs...etc...you can customize it for your own household...it creates lists, lets you set different goals for achieving your storage...lets you keep track of costs, where you purchased items...lets you individualize the shopping for each family member...and also lets you put in recipes that you use, and will tell you whether or not you have the items in your pantry to make the recipe...along with a whole host of other things....
It takes a little bit to enter everything in the program...especially if you already have a food storage....but once you are done, then all you do is the upkeep...and we also back it up to a thumb drive....it is the BEST software program that I have ever seen!  Bar none...There is a free downloadable demo, which you can peruse the program...although the calculations will be WAY off...because of course they want you to buy the software...its costs around 40.00, but that is what you would pay for a good software program anyways...and I feel that I spent my money well...
As for loosing the electricity...we have a laptop, that the battery can be solar charged...so backing up the program to the thumb drive, ensures that I won't loose my data...
here is the site, for those who might like to peek at the program...
http://www.revelar.com/fsp.html
Proverbs 21:20  In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,

but a foolish man devours all he has.

Offline Digger

Re: Pantry Inventory Software
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 10:28:31 AM »
Thanks, Egg.

I will be checking it out. I currently use the online service at Emergency Essentials. It is strong for recording your food purchases from them, but not so hot for all of the rest. I'm not really managing some of the non-food items very well, so this could be a big help.

Regards  ...Digger

Offline Bill Quick

• Administrator
    • Daily Pundit
Re: Pantry Inventory Software: Large Group Discounts Available
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
There are significant savings in group discounts on this software:

http://www.foodstorageplanner.com/discounts.html

If there is enough interest, perhaps we should order as many as we can as a group:  if anybody is willing to coordinate, let me know.  If not, but the interest is there, I might do it.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:26:02 AM by Bill Quick »
"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone."  --   Al Capone